Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Update on Dad-September 3, 2008

Well, sorry for no update yesterday...honestly there is not much to report. We are just feeling SO BLESSED that Dad is doing so much better, and is out of the CVICU. Now it is really just a matter of his regaining his strength and remaining on the antibiotics for a little while longer to clear up the pneumonia.

If anyone is so inclined, Dad LOVES receiving mail. If you send it to me I will make sure and take it to him and help him enjoy it. He especially loves pictures, so if any of you "long lost" cousins, friends, relatives would like to send him pictures of yourself, your dog, your house...you get the idea...he would LOVE that. Please email me at:

stefaniewarren@yahoo.com

and I will give you my home address to send it to. He has little to do except for watching TV, and it is difficult for him to even hold a book to read it, he has very little to look forward to. But he does love mail, and when he gets any he will treasure it for days, stopping anyone who will give him a minute to share it. Even if you want to send him an email, just send it to my email address above and I will print it out and bring it to him. He also loves receiving a good joke...and then repeating it to all that will listen :-) So dust off your favorite knock knock's...and send them his way. He will appreciate it more than you can imagine.

Well, that's all for now. I wish I had more to report, but hopefully will be sharing the good news that he is able to return to Victoria soon. Today marks 2 weeks he has been in the hospital. Ugh...as great as Hoag hospital is, I would be happy if I never had to see it again.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: