Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gone but NOT forgotten...Mom Sept 16th, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom...today would have been your 72nd birthday.

 

A very difficult day for your children, and all of those that love and miss you. How much I wished I could have gone deep under the covers today and been alone, just with my sadness and tears.

 


But God works in mysterious ways, and today worked for me through my dear friend Loretta...who knew it was a very difficult day for me and brought a beautiful card and flowers to me at my office today with a reminder.

 


Probably what I should have been focusing on all along...and that was to think about all of the things I love about Mom, instead of how much I miss her.

 


I love you Mom, and miss you so much. Thinking about what a wonderful person you are and how lucky I was to have you as a Mom makes me grateful...but also makes me miss you more.

I guess the wonderful thing is...when I think about memories of Mom, I think about her as a whole person, before she got sick.

I hope she is in heaven celebrating her birthday today...doing what she always said a "Grandma's reward in heaven" would be...rocking the baby angels to sleep.

I Love You Mom. Happy Birthday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: