Monday, September 22, 2008

Soccah Starz-The Firecrackers

Well, one of my new favorite things about Fall is soccer, namely the soccer my two beautiful daughters are involved in. Yes, it's a pain the the you-know-what to have soccer practice FOUR (yes that's (4) days a week)...but I am learning to embrace and love those several hours a week. They are becoming forced hours of "me time" where I can sit on a chair and read, or work on the computer, or talk on the phone. Rare and precious time.

 


But then we get down to the actual soccer. Last year Avery despised it, every moment of it. She cried at practice almost every time, and hated the games, only running at the back of the "pack" never trying to even kick the ball, never mind score a goal. It was torture for her, but even more so for Rob and I.

 


But this year something different has happened. She actually likes it. No, I think she loves it. Week one, she scores one goal. Week two, she scores SIX goals. Week 3 she scores no goals, and is so upset by that she cries and has a cow...she wants those goals, and is not okay with not getting one.

 


I'll be curious to see what the future holds for my daughter and her soccer conquests. For right now, I am enjoying just watching her play (and 5 year-old girls playing soccer can be quite a hoot). Play on, Avery!

 


Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you. And let's just talk about your sister and her soccer year. WOW! More on that later...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: