Monday, September 08, 2008

Dad-Update Sept 8th

Not too much change today, but perhaps a little bit of good news. I am a little hesitant to say..."he's getting better" as I have found one step forward can just as quickly mean 2 steps back.
 


David had a better visit this morning than I had had last night. Dad was more lucid, more awake than I had seen him, and even remembered that I had been there to visit the night before. David reported that his breathing was "not too bad" and that he seemed generally comfortable.

 

We are still waiting to hear from the Dr., and even though David made it clear to a (as he called it) "brain dead" receptionist at the Dr.s office that he needed to speak to him about Dad's condition (the Dr. has not spoken to a family member since Dad was checked in...almost a week ago), David still did not recieve a call back today.

 

Hopefully we will get to have a conversation tomorrow with the Dr. and get an idea about long-term prognosis. We are hoping and praying that he continues a positive path of healing, and gets a little better each day. This has not been the path we have seen over the last several days, but perhaps the turn-around we have been hoping for is starting to happen.

 


I tell myself to focus on faith. Let's God will be done. I know that Mom is his angel, on his shoulder.

More updates tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: