Monday, September 22, 2008

One more...Update on Rob...Sept. 23, 2008

I wish for the boring. The uneventful. The endless days of nothing to do. No one to worry about. No problems. No one sick, or hurt. Please???

Yeah, right. What do they say...when it rains it pours?

Today Rob had a medical procedure to relieve some of his chronic back pain. He had a "radio frequency denervation", which basically means isolating the sensory nerves in his back that cause him constant pain, and frying them. Okay, so "frying them" is probably not the technical term...but you get the idea.

I was his driver, as he had some meds during the procedure that required that. When it was done he commented that it was much more painful than he had anticipated (and he is definitley not a whiner) and seemed to be pretty uncomfortable the rest of the day. He slept on and off, and I did my best to adjust the pillows, bring him food and drink and rub him where it was not sore (no, not there...).

So in between trying my best to keep him comfortable I at least got a few loads of laundry done. See, there's an up-side to everything!

The Dr. says he will feel like he has been "kicked in the back by a horse" for the next week, but I'm sure he will go back to work tomorrow (and I know many people that would not). The good news is that this might possibly aliviate his back pain for 6-9 months...maybe even a year.

If it works...

No comments: