Sunday, September 07, 2008

Update on Dad-Sept 7, 2008

Sorry no update yesterday...just worn out I guess.

We went to see Dad last night (Saturday) and he was still very disoriented. Very upset about some hallucinations he was having, mostly to do with Mom. He is very convinced she is still living, and was there in his hospital room to see him. His breathing still seemed very labored to me. A Dr. had called me earlier in the day to ask our wishes about putting Dad back on the vent. if needed, as his breathing is not great. Of course I said yes, we would want that.

We don't have the results for his chest x-ray taken yesterday yet, to see how his pneumonia is changing.

As of tonight (Sunday) he was pretty much non-responsive when I went to see him. His nurse told me he had been given some medication to raise his blood pressure, and while I was there it was about 78/53. He had a pretty high heart rate as well, but I read when I got home that that is a common side-effect to the Dopamine medication he has been given for his blood pressure. His face was pretty red as well, and I was not really able to awaken him. He mumbled hello, but could not stay awake. His breathing still seems very labored to me.

Unfortunately I don't really see an improvement for Dad this weekend. He does not look better today than yesterday. I keep hoping and praying to see him start to turn around, and be a little better each day, but as of now that is not happening.

More updates tomorrow.

No comments: