Thursday, August 28, 2008

Update on Dad-August 28th 11:30PM

As I guess is normal in this kind of situation, we are kind of at a standstill right now. Dad's body is fighting the attacks against it, but because of his significant physical challenges it is having trouble moving forward.

Really not too much to report today...Dad is still on the respirator, and still battling the pneumonia. He is still bleeding from his intestines, but it is greatly diminished. We have not moved much forward, but more importantly we have not moved back.

Dad is probably the toughest person I know. He is a fighter, and is still fighting when many, or probably most would have given up. His body has tried to quit many time over the last few years, but his mind continued to fight...and so he is still here. I think of him when I feel overwhelmed and down and it helps me to buck up...if HE can do it, it should be no problem for me.

Go Dad! I love you so much.

Hopefully more positive info tomorrow. I'll update when I get any new info.

No comments: