Friday, August 08, 2008

Newsletter-Zoey Month One Hundred Thirteen

Newsletter-Zoey Month One Hundred Thirteen 8/8/08

Dear Zoey,

Well, I guess I started this a little late (113 months had to go by before I thought of it??), and actually I cannot take credit for this idea. I saw another Mom doing this on her blog www.dooce.com and I thought it was actually a pretty cool idea. So here goes.

 


This month you have been in the middle of your summer vacation between 3rd and 4th grade. Your summer school this year has been a blast, with at least 3 field trips each week, to places like Disneyland, the Beach, Knott’s Berry Farm, California Adventure (you went there and Disneyland both twice this summer), Angel’s BB games, Wild Rivers, etc etc etc. You even went to your first “sleep-away camp” last month, and Mommy thought it was going to be the death of me. I missed you so much that whole week, and our family was just not whole without you. I spent so much time (along with Mrs. Conley) getting everything ready for you, and sending you care packages, a letter every day (starting several days before you left, so you would get one your first day there). I ran home to the mailbox each day, waiting to hear something from you…and got your one and only letter the day you came back home, just a few hours before you got back! I called the hotline number several times a day, anxious for updates as to how and what you guys were doing. Okay, your Daddy probably thought I was nuts. But I couldn’t help it, I love you so much.

 


You have inherited your Daddy’s olive skin and since you have spent so much time outdoors and at the beach you have gotten very tan this summer, and your legs seem to be getting longer by the day. Your hair has gotten the sun streaked “beach babe” look, and your new A-line bob looks so cute on you. I must admit you seem to be growing up so fast, and sometimes I glance at you from across the room and you take my breath away, you are so beautiful. I’m a lucky Mommy indeed.

Next week is your last week of summer school, and it will be time to shop for new school supplies and uniforms in preparation for 4th grade. Do you think we will be able to find the perfect backpack like we did last year…the one with zebra stripes and pink straps? We still don’t know who your teacher will be, and since there will be 2 new 4th grade teachers at St. Paul’s this year we really aren’t even “hoping” for a particular one. You aren’t stressed about it, you are definitely the kind of child that rolls with the punches and never seems worried about change. You have lots of friends at school, and I think you are just anxious to get back to seeing them all of the time.

 


You started soccer practice this last week, and this is the 5th year you have played soccer. I was so proud of you at practice, you were really giving it your all and doing a great job. I think this will be another fun season. Between you and your sister, we have practice 4 nights a week, and then starting in September we will have 2 games every Saturday. It’s a big time commitment, but I know you really like it.

You are very into the computer these days, and love to go on the webkinz site. You have your own email address and told me today that you have been saving coins for your laptop fund…so far you have $54.77, plus your $200 you have in savings. It’s the number one thing on your wish list right now, and seeing as how your friend Britt has one you think yours should be right around the corner. Owning your own computer at the age of 9?? I never would have dreamed of such a think. You also love playing your Nintendo DS, and the Wii, and are very good at any type of video game. You have a small iPod that you got for Christmas, and you love listening to Coldplay (just like Mommy), and Miley Cyrus. You also love to use Mommy’s old digital camera to take pictures of Cisco, or make silly videos.

Well, I will try and keep up these newsletters for you, and we’ll see how long I can stick with it. I hope one day you can read these notes and remember a little bit about what your life was like…way back then…and know how much I love you. Until next month…

Love,
Mommy

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: