Monday, August 25, 2008

Update on Dad-August 25th 2:40PM

Well, perhaps it is a little of two steps forward, one step back?? Or is it one step forward and 2 steps back...

Anyway, Dad is still on the respirator, just not getting enough oxygen for them to feel he can do it on his own yet, although I know he really wants to. Hopefully tomorrow...

David got a call that he had been having some blood in his stool, and based on tests they determined he needed to be given whole blood. As a result, last I knew they had given him 4 units of blood (sounds like a lot to me). Not sure exactly how he is losing this blood or what is causing it, but I don't like the sound of it.

He also has a nasty bedsore on his back, but I guess that is not too unusual. Ugh, I just feel so bad for him having to go through so much discomfort and being so sick, but the people at Hoag CVICU could not be more incredible, and I know he is getting the VERY BEST of care.

Please keep him in your prayers. I'll continue to update. I'll be going there after work tonight, probably will be there around 5PM.

PS...I want to say a big "THANK YOU" to Tanya and Andrea for watching the girls and even keeping them overnight on Saturday. The girls loved it and it gave us the time to see Dad and do what we needed to do. Also a big thank you to our employers that give us the time to do what we need to for Dad right now as well. Much appreciated.

No comments: