Thursday, February 04, 2010

Project 365/Project LIfe


I love to scrapbook. But I never have the time. I wish I could sit for hours at my "scraptable" (hahaha...I don't have a scraptable) and create beautiful pages. But I hardly have time to download my pics from my camera, nevermind edit them and print them and create those pages.

So this year I found a really cool solution. For years I have been a big fan of Becky Higgins. She is an author, scrapbooker, and blogger. She used to create "kits" for Creating Keepsakes magazine...that were monthly kits you could purchase. I have gotten a few of these kits, my favorite being the "School Years" kit that gives you everything you need to scrapbook your child's school years from preschool through 12th grade. Makes it so easy, and I LOVE it.

Last year one of her kits was Project 365. A great idea...basically having you take a picture every day of the year to document your family's life. They grossly underestimated the interest in this kit, and it sold out in about an hour, with many people being really angry that they did not have a chance to order. I was one of the ones that did not get a kit. And was bummed.

Flash forward to now. Becky Higgins no longer works for Creating Keepsakes. She has gone out on her own and created a new kit. Project Life. Same idea. Take a picture every day. Awesome delivery, divided page protectors that can fit a pic and journaling card for every day. I'll take some pics of the weeks I have done. But it is so fun and so easy. And at the end of the year we will have a "snapshot" of our life, and what it was all about. The big things. The little things.

The "wolf" moons. The joys (new bikes), or the bummers (hives). All of it documented to remember as the years go by. It's awesome and I love it. And if my memory is anything like my Greatgrandmother, or my Grandmother, or my Mother...I'll need that help to remember. And I hope my girls enjoy looking back on what their life was like right now.

Words + Pictures = The story of Life.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: