Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Look of a Man

I don't know him well. I don't know his last name. I know he is one of the best friends of one of my best friends. I know every time I have met him he has been so very kind. His wife (and wait a minute...IS SHE HIS WIFE...sssshhhhhhh??) has been such a beautiful spirit to know and be around.
Just very good people.

He was unaware. Lured into the whole "we're having dinner with friends" line. And then walked into the door and found out he had been had. Takes a few minutes to sink in though. The loved ones that created this night could soak it in. Enjoy his confusion for a minute, and then enjoy his surprise. After all, it was all just for good...done because he is LOVED.

I gave up my camera for the evening, so I have no credit for these pics. Zoey and Avery took Uncle Hoover's request to heart, and spent the evening snapping away. I LOVED the pics they captured. The one above, where he is looking at her and saying..."You did this?"

This one, where he is pointing at someone he has not seen in 20 years and thinking...is that you?? Really you?? Ahh, while I HATE surprises myself, I love seeing them played out on other people. Moohaha...


And this one. After Hoover's sister had put the beads around his neck and the hat on his head. The one that says, "Okay, I'm over the shock and ready to have an amazing evening." Ah Roland...Happy Birthday! We love you!

And you don't look anywhere near 50...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: