Thursday, October 09, 2008

FINALLY...some good news!

Well, this is the update I've been wanting to give for 7 weeks now...Dad has been moved back to Victoria! David got the call yesterday afternoon that they were ready to move him, and everything had been coordinated between the hospital and Victoria to get him back in his same room, back where he is so much more comfortable. Both David and I feel a little concerned about this, as we have seen so much up-and-down with his condition...but we both feel he is so much more comfortable at Victoria, and that is where he wants to be, so we are just taking it one day at a time.

He is still receiving oxygen, but is down from 8 liters per day to 3. Also, they are still giving him antibiotics for his left lung (Dr. says it's still a little "cloudy") but they are able to manage that at Victoria. All in all I think it is a very positive move, and now we hope he will continue to improve.

Thank you for everyone who has sent prayers Dad's way, I know they make a big difference!

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. (Mary Jean Iron)

No comments: