Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Remember 3rd Grade???

Well, when I'm not sitting around staring at my new tile walls, I get to spend my evening assisting my 3rd grader with her big Social Studies project for the end of the year. This year it was "create a Gabrielino Indian Shelter and Surroundings". Huh??



Now this is a project the whole family got into, including Avery who was instrumental in procuring some of the rocks for the fire pit.



But the actual shelter was the tricky part. Zoey painted a foam "dome" brown and then cut little pieces of raffia and glued them on. One at a time. Takes quite a while...actually...



But she did an awesome job. To finish off, she created a "water" effect using a mirror that she put some blue paint on, and the scene was complete!



Hmmm...next year we will have two of these projects to complete...with whatever 4th graders do, and Avery's life-sized self portrait for Kindergarten.

Can't wait!

No comments: