Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Australia...continued



Now that we are back home, and internet issues are not an issue, I wanted to finish the days we had "Down Under" in one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It sounds so corny, but truly from the moment I arrived until the last sad second before departure I felt such a strong feeling that this was my soul's resting place...a place where I felt completely and totally at rest, at ease, for the first time in my life. Perhaps I was drunk with vacation fever...where the heady cocktail of no work and no responsibilities convinced my brain that this was "the place to be". I say that, but I don't really believe it. I can't wait to go back, and if there was a way for me to stay there, I would jump on it!





One of the highlights of our incredible journey was Rob and my trip to Sydney. Completely unplanned, it was Clive's way of making things happen that propelled us to take this trip. Can I just say how much I respect and love this Man. I always have, and I remember being so grateful that he honored us with an amazing song at our wedding reception. He is one of those people that you might be just lucky enough to meet once in a lifetime. His life has not been easy, but I believe God has lead his path. And God helps him to lead others. No Doubt. He suggested it, he pushed the point, and away we went. For two people that have had such amazing stress in our lives for the last few years, and so little (okay NO) time to ourselves, it was a much appreciated, and MUCH needed time for us. One we will never forget. Forgive me for the picture above, but I am smitten with awesome hotel bathrooms! You can see my little camera hand in the top of the picture, but as we checked in I was just blown away by the beauty of the room. We had a view of the clocktower, and a drawer full of wine glasses, but the "rainforest" shower head stole my heart! I won't creep you out with a picture of me enjoying the rainforest showerhead, but take my word for it...it was amazing!





This was the view from our room's window. I loved it. Okay...I'm shallow...


After we checked in and got settled we decided to take off and see the city. After all, we were in the CBD, or Central Business District, and right in the heart of the city. We were so stoked..it was perfect for a few days of exploring the city on foot! A 10 minute walk in any direction would take us to the most incredible locations! We got packed up with camera's and comfy shoes and took off. First stop was somewhere for lunch, as it was 2:30 and we had not had much to eat all day. We decided to go to the much recommended Doyle's for lunch, and found out it was only a 10-15 minute walk away. Perfect!


We took off from the hotel toward's "Circular Quay" pronounced Circular "Key" to get lunch. The wonder's of the city awaited us...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: