Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's been how long???

Okay. I admit it. It's been bugging me that I haven't sat down to write a little bit. Or a lot.

But then life strikes. And I know it sounds like whining...but life has really "struck" us this year. I would have to say that 2008 is the WORST YEAR EVER. And that's just not like me. I like to "love" each new year and the possibilities that it brings.

Not this year. I actually hate this year and cannot wait for it to be over. Ross gets cancer--and has to have surgery which has complications and a 5 day hospital stay turns into 30 days. Jan. 4th. My Mom has a stroke and dies...Jan 21st. Phil and Gabby lose a pregnancy. Too many people to mention either die, get cancer, have some other major medical problem...really, if I gave all of the details it would sound like a soap opera.

Rob's Mom takes a dramatic turn for the worse, causing us to cancel our vacation to Florida (that we have been looking forward to for months...since we were there last. We face the reality of losing both of our Mom's in the same year...how can that be possible???

And to top it off, this week I fall on my butt on the stairs and most probably break my tailbone.

No, I'm not kidding.

Yes...I always tell my kids "don't run/play on the stairs". Well, turns out I was right!

More about that later.

So...I'm back on the blogging trail for a while, as least as much as I can be.

This was way back when...end of May when Clive and Johanna were in town for business and came to stay with us.

These pictures just make me miss them even more, but make me more excited about our trip to Australia at Christmas time 2009!!!

 

This trip was so funny because they did not know (as we did not) that Pete would be in town.
Of course Pete had to make some bogus calls to Bea...while they were here.

 

I feel so lucky to be a part of two families that I love so very much. I just wish we were all closer (geography-wise).

 

 

Miss you guys...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: