Saturday, May 06, 2006

Count your blessings


Well, today was "one of those days". I didn't feel well all day (believe me, you don't want to know the details), and had to go to a Brownie event that I just didn't feel up to. Pair that with family discussions about plans for my parents care, and a general lack of sleep, I was pretty down today.


And I hate to feel that way. So I thought today I would try and turn that around and focus on some things I am blessed by. And so very grateful for.


These pictures make me think about that. How many things I have to count as blessings. I have two awesome, incredible, beautiful daughters. I have a handsome, loving, caring husband to share my life with. I have two incredible parents, who gave me the foundation and the substance to be a person that values family above all else. I have two siblings that I have so many shared life experiences with, and some tough ones that we will need to lean on each other to get through in the future. I have the most incredible gift of loving, caring, friends. People that I can share my lifes trials and tribulations with, that will listen and give me their shoulder without question. My friends are the family that I have chosen, the ones I can depend on no matter what. This has a value beyond measure, and I cannot say strongly enough what a support these people are in my daily life.


Oh yeah...and don't forget my mutt! He is ALWAYS happy to see me, and gives me warm wet kisses every day. When he flops down beside me on the couch and lets me stroke his soft fur and kiss his big nose, it calms me. Every time. Without fail.

So, even writing this down helps a little, and I realize that how I feel right now is MY choice. I can choose to let myself slide down that slippery slope of depression, and focusing on the stuff that I cannot change, or I can look forward to the positive things, and how powerful those things are. It reminds me that I need to focus on my faith as well, as that has always been such a source of strength for me, and I have a feeling I will need it.

Tomorrow is another day. Posted by Picasa

No comments: