Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Update on Dad-November 5, 2008

I last saw Dad at Victoria on Sunday, November 2nd. He was actually doing quite well, and while his speech was very difficult to understand, he seemed pretty clear minded and there was no discussion of anything that was not "reality". He was interested in looking at the latest pictures I had brought, and the slide show from Rob's birthday party. He even asked me how much my computer costs, as he would like to have one...Yiiikes!

Physically he looked pretty good, I would say pretty much the way he was before he went into the hospital, except with less strength and stamina. He does seem quite weak, and even has trouble picking up the remote for the TV, etc. After I was there for about 1/2 hour he seemed to be getting tired and had trouble keeping his eyes open.

All in all a good visit. I am hoping that as he gets more healthy his mental state will continue to improve.

Thank you for your continued prayers for Dad.

No comments: