Thursday, November 06, 2008

Heavenly Host

Have I mentioned how much I like spending time in Avery's Kindergarten class...and just soaking up all of the cool things they do there? I have?? Okay, let me just say it one more time...I dig it! Must be the Kindergarten teacher gene I got from my Mom, but there are few things that bring me as much enjoyment. And a perfect example of that was last Friday (okay, okay...I know I'm behind) when the 3 Kindergarten classes had a Reformation Day parade (you Lutherans know what I am talking about). No scary Halloween costumes, but instead the children were asked to dress as Bible characters.

 


There were SEVERAL angels (and if Blogger would let me post more than 4 pics at a time I would have them all) and they were all just beautiful (especially my Avery Rose). Lots of short little "men" with fake beards and staffs, or multi-colored coats.

 


There were lots of animals from the arc, and one particularly clever costume WAS the arc! There were Roman soldiers, and beautifully dressed "Queens". I hear one year there was even a burning bush...but we did not see that one this year.

 


The children paraded through every class at St. Paul's, and even went down to the preschool. I can tell you from our household that the whole idea of coming to school dressed as a Bible character was a BIG hit...and highly anticipated for literally weeks (oh yeah, and Avery was excited about it too...).

 


How very blessed I am as a Mama, to have such a wonderful school for my girls, and incredible teachers that enrich their lives daily with activities like this. As always, I thought about how very much Mom would have LOVED to witness this, and I guess I honestly believe that somehow, she did.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: