Saturday, April 01, 2006

Launch of Warren Enterprises












Welcome to Warren Enterprises, the blog about the Warren Family. This is really a "practice" blog for me, and something I am doing to learn a little more about the whole process, but also a good way to keep in touch with family and friends.

So to start, I will give a little bit of background as to what we are all up to now. Rob is working hard at Babcock, where he has been working for 18? years. Actually, today is Saturday and he is there right now and has been for several hours. He works long hours at a frustrating job, but is really good at what he does. I think he would rather be running a sandwich and soup shop somewhere, but maybe that is an unrealized dream that is yet to come. More on that later...

His other passion (other than cooking) has been working out. He works out regularly at his friend Dave Hoover's house, and they have been doing so for a few years now. They keep each other motivated, and Rob feels he is in the best shape of his life (and I couldn't agree more...I'm a lucky girl ;-o) He struggles daily with chronic back pain, and so he is very careful with his diet and exercise routine to try and keep his back as healthy as possible. I'm so proud of him for his perserverance.

Stef has been busy being a Mom, a Brownie Troop leader, and a new business owner. I have been working on getting my business going, and have felt good that I am about 60% booked right now, but hoping to be 100% in the next few months. I am doing executive administrative services for people with small businesses, and so far I love it. I am doing different things at different locations almost every day, and so the variety is great. I am struggling a little bit with daycare limitations, but I am sure it will work out. Another major time occupier for me lately has been the formation of a new Brownie Girl Scout Troop...Troop 1861. My friend Andrea Conley and I are the leaders of this new troop, and have had to go through unbelievable amounts of paperwork and training to get it up and running. I feel it's a great program for the girls though, and do enjoy my time doing it. My other loves, photography and scrapbooking have kind of taken a back seat for the time being, as I have so little time to do them. But when I find myself with a few minutes, I am usually doing one of those. I am also trying to teach myself website creation using Frontpage, and also self-teaching myself Adobe Elements. I would love to be able to incorporate my love for scrapbooking into part of the business services I provide, creating custom scrapbook pages for others. But for right now I am struggling to keep up with just my administrative business.

Zoey is a very busy 1st grader. She is amazing us daily with her skills at reading, memory, writing, and math. She finished her soccer season in November, and is looking forward to going back to that in the fall. She is also a new Brownie Girl Scout, and has been enjoying that a lot. She is a great big sister to Avery, and is SO patient with her...most of the time. I am loving just watching her turn into a beautiful young lady, both inside and out.

Avery is a very active 3 year old, and keeps us on our toes! She has been going through a very trying stage lately, where fussing seems to be her main occupation. She goes to Colleen Clark's home three days a week for daycare, and has met some new friends her age there that she loves to play with. She is also growing like a weed, and while she is "challenging" right now, she is an amazing little girl that seems to draw people to her. It must be her "elfin" magic...just look at her ears!

Cisco is last but not least on my list. He has become such a beloved family member, and all of us, including Rob cannot imagine what life would be like without him in our family. He is such a good dog, and is GREAT with the girls. He is still crazy when visitors come over to the house, but he calms a little bit more with each passing week. We love him like crazy.

Well that is all for my first post. I've run out of time and have a house to clean and about 10 loads of laundry to do. I'll try to post again soon, and give more family updates. Until then...remember...LIFE is WONDERFUL (if you make it wonderful).

No comments: